Saturday, June 2, 2012

Magnolia Down Under Challenge #148 {Colour Recipe} - Winner and Top 5

Before I get started with the announcements for this week's winner and the winner of our GDT spot I just wanted to mention that next week's winner's announcement will have to be held over until the following week when we'll announce 2 week's worth of winners. Happily for me I am heading interstate to Brisbane with my fellow teamie Karen to attend The Scrapbook and Papercrafts Expo. Unfortunately this means neither of us will be available to collect and tally votes so we decided to double up the following week. Sorry if this inconveniences anyone! I will schedule a reminder post about this for next weekend.

We didn't have a sponsor for this week but we have decided to award a SURPRISE PRIZE for our winner thanx to a donation of some fabulous Magnolia stamps. This week our winner will receive these 2 stamps....

And now it's on to our announcements......

One of our wonderful entrants this week stated "(Tilda) had been sitting on my desk half coloured, I was deciding how to go when I saw the MDUC - Red, Yellow and Purple. Not a colour combo I would normally use, but hey it is a challenge right!?" ...This is what I love about challenges - they make us think outside of our comfort zone and let our creative juices flow - and the result - AMAZING creations that may never have been otherwise. Obviously a few people were a little intimidated by the colour recipe but those gals that gave it a go did an AMAZING job and this week we'd like to congratulate our winner.......


Marika {13}

All I can say is WOW - Marika certainly showed us all how AMAZING these colours can look together. I love the deep purples and reds, and vibrant oranges with the yellows tying them all together. And what a fabulous mix of images too - all in all a totally gorgeous job! If you want to see more of Marika's work you can check out her blog HERE.

Marika can you please contact Karen at magnoliadownunder@gmail.com to claim your winner's badge and prize.

And now it's onto this week's Top 5. These are listed in numerical order and we'd like to congratulate these amazing entries - awesome job everyone....


These are linked back to the original entries to make it easier for you guys to go and check them out. Please grab our gorgeous Top 5 badge from the sidebar and display it proudly on your blog to let everyone know how fabulous we think your work is! 

And now it's time to announce our GDT for June....congratulations to 

Kat G {19}

Kat can you please contact Karen at magnoliadownunder@gmail.com to claim your GDT spot.

Phew - sorry for such a long post -LOL - but don't forget to drop back in and visit us tomorrow to see the new challenge we have for you to play along with and the always amazing inspiration from the MDUC DT. 

Debbie P and the MDUC team
xXx

8 comments:

  1. WOW, thank you for those kind words. Oh, how glad I came. It's been a bad week, time, and that if someone makes me happy. This is the best when the challenges really gets to challenge themselves. I love your challenge. Thank you for that. I can not wait for tomorrow what I see .. BIG,WARM HUGS. And thank you again.
    MARIKA<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so so much! I can't wait to join in
    Hugs
    Kat xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to all the winners. I am honored to be the top 5, thank you all for choosing my project. It was a great color recipe challenge.
    Hugs,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I´m so happy that I am among the top 5! Thank you so much! It means a lot ti me!
    Hugs, June

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow congrats Marika and everyone else! All your works are amazing!
    Hugs, Tanya xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowzers I'm in the top 5! Yay - Thanks, and thanks for a great challenge :-D Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to all the winners and well done Kat on GDT. hugs Teresa x

    ReplyDelete